Friday, December 19, 2008

Day and Age - The Killers


After starting strong with their first two records, Hot Fuss and Sam's Town, I really didn't expect there new CD, Day & Age, to be at the same caliber as those two. But I was mistaken! Not only did Day & Age exceed my expectations but also became my favorite Killer's album to date.
The Cd starts off with Losing Touch, which gets the listener going straight into the first single, Human. My personal favorite, Spaceman, talks of alien abductions and "zipping white lights which disregard/bombs and satellites". Joy Ride, which reminds me of a Rolling Stones jazz-esque song, contains a kick ass sax lick, which just gives it points in my book. Then Brandon Flowers and the guys slow things up with A Dustland Fairytale, This is Your Life, and I Can't Stay. They pick back up with Neon Tiger, a sweet song of a tiger running from poachers. They round the album out with The World We Live In and Goodnight, Travel Well, the latter reminding me of how they ended Sam's Town with Outro ( a goodbye and good listening piece). Almost every song is strong on this album and well worth the wait and b-side CD (Sawdust).

On a side note, the album artwork is my favorite of all time. If you haven't seen it, i'll post a picture of it below. It would definitely make a sweet wall art.

edit: (its above cause my blogger won't let it go below)

No comments:

I plan on reviewing cd's, music dvd's, and live concerts, of course. As long as I remember to bring a camera, I will also add pictures of the concerts too.

Enjoy!