Sunday, April 27, 2008

Concert Review: Rolling Stones 10/10/2005

I know this was awhile ago, but I'm finally getting around to reviewing it.

My first concert ever was this show. My dad went down around 2 pm to the Wachovia Center to scalp tickets. He ended up getting five. So me, my buddy Erick, his mom, my mom and my dad went down for the show. The seats weren't together, but we ended up sitting together. However our seats were limited view of the stage. The limited view really didn't have that big of an effect though, because of the set-up the Stones had. It was a little tough though to see the opener, John Mayer Trio. They were alright, but not as good as solo John Mayer, imo. When the Stones took the stage, everyone came in and just rocked out. Highlights included, for me, the Get Up, Stand Up Bob Marley cover (with Mick and Marley Brothers pics in the background), Sympathy for the Devil, Jumpin Jack Flash, and the timeless classic Satisfaction. The setlist went as followed:

  1. Start Me Up/ Mick and the band came running onto the stage, going almost as crazy as the fans
  2. You Got Me Rocking
  3. She’s So Cold
  4. Tumbling Dice
  5. Oh No, Not You Again
  6. Angie
  7. Rain Fall Down
  8. Rock Off
  9. Get Up, Stand Up/ tribute to Bob Marley
  10. The Worst
  11. Infamy
  12. Miss You/ stage moved to the opposite side of the floor
  13. Rough Justice
  14. Get Off My Cloud
  15. Honkey Tonk Woman
  16. Out of Control
  17. Sympathy of the Devil/ staged moved back
  18. Brown Sugar
  19. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
  20. Can’t Always Get What You Want
  21. Satisfaction / Went for about 10 minutes, great way to end an amazing show, everyone in the crowd was in on this one
There were some characters around us too, which made my first concert even more enjoyable. The guy next to us had at least 6 beer cups stacked under his current beer (and was visable out of it). for most of the night he thought he was Mick Jagger, so he was attempting to sing and dance lke him, so that was funny. We had a lady who was pist at someone and she randomly got up and started flippin off someone, and almost fell over the edge cause she was wasted. Then she got arrested, which was funnier. There was also a drunk shemale who thought she was Mick Jagger too and attempted to dance like him for about 5 minutes until she fell over and was taken away. Overall, it was a kick-ass night.

No comments:

I plan on reviewing cd's, music dvd's, and live concerts, of course. As long as I remember to bring a camera, I will also add pictures of the concerts too.

Enjoy!